header right

Important Things To Know After Child Custody Recommending Counseling

CCRC Report
At the conclusion of your CCRC session, the counselor will identify in writing those issues on which you reached an agreement as well as those issues on which you were unable to reach agreement. This is known as the CCRC Report, and it is not a court order until a Judge signs it.

As previously mentioned, the CCRC will make a written recommendation to the court on issues that have not been resolved during the session. A copy of this report will be sent to your attorney or to you, by the counselor.

What if I don't agree with the recommendations?
If you received CCRC upon direct referral from the court, or as a result of you or the other party filing a Request for Order (RFO), you already have a court date set. If you do not agree with the recommendations, you may state your position to the Judge during your court hearing. Be prepared to give specific information to the judge as to why you disagree with any of the recommendations.

What if we reach a full agreement during the appointment?
If you were able to reach an agreement with the other party on all custody and visitation issues, the counselor may prepare a written agreement for each of you to sign. This is called a stipulation and should be entered into your court file.

Do we still go to court if we reach an agreement?
If custody and visitation are the only issues in dispute, then both parties need to notify the court of your agreement and request the court hearing be dropped. However if there are other issues that the court has been asked to act on, you must still appear on your scheduled court date.

Are the reports confidential?
Yes. CCRC reports are confidential and are not allowed to be copied or distributed to anyone other than the court, an attorney of record, or the named parties to the proceeding, with the following exception:

In certain instances the court orders the exchange of information to other agencies in the child protection system, or to other mental health professionals involved in the case. Specific information can be obtained from FCS.

© 2006 - 2013 Superior Court of California, County of Placer. All rights reserved
Terms of Use | Site Map | Comments regarding this Web site may be directed to: webmaster@placer.courts.ca.gov