Online Jury Portal
Welcome to the Superior Court of Placer County’s New Online Jury Portal.
***We want your feedback! The Superior Court of Placer County transitioned to a new Online Jury Portal for jury summons issued beginning June 9, 2016. If you have any suggestions for improving this system or the instructions provided on this web page, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.***
I have already read this page, including the disclaimers, and I am ready to log-in to the Online Jury Portal.
Clicking here will take me to Online Jury Portal and Ability to Serve Questionnaire.
Using the Online Jury Portal – What You Need to Know
If this is your first time visiting the new Online Jury Portal, please read the below in its entirety for important information about your jury service.
What can I do in the Jury Online Portal?
- Check the status of your service
- Confirm when you need to come to the courthouse
- Request deferrals to a future date
- Request excusal from service
- Print your attendance information for your employer or your records,
- Update your contact information.
The first time you log in each time after you have been summoned, you will also be asked a series of questions to confirm you are qualified to serve as a juror in Placer County. This should take no more than five (5) minutes to complete.
I just received my jury summons, what do I do first?
- Click on Online Jury Services Link
- Log in using your
- Juror ID
- Zip code
- Date of birth
- The first time you log in, you will be required to provide an email address.
- You will be presented with Ability to Serve Questionnaire. At the conclusion of that questionnaire, you will be asked to “confirm your service.” Once you confirm, you will be directed to the Online Jury Portal main page. From this page, you can check your jury status or request a deferral or excusal and other services.
Why do you need my email address?
The Office of the Jury Commissioner uses your email to respond to any requests you submit via the Online Jury Portal. For example, if you request a deferral (you want to postpone your service) through the Online Jury Portal, we will send an email response to your request. We also use your email leading up to and during your jury service to update you on when you need to come to the courthouse.
My jury service starts next week, what do I do?
- Jury summons are for jury service for an entire week.
- Check Reporting status after 4:30 p.m. on the Friday before your service week
- You can do this via the Jury Online Portal (link is below) or via our automated phone system (916-408-6002). When using the Jury Online Portal, after you have answered a brief Ability to Serve Questionnaire, click on the “Profile/Status” button. Review the “Status” and the “Scheduled” fields to see the following:
- Status: "Confirmed" – This means you have completed the ability to serve questionnaire and are eligible to serve. If you see this status, then check the “Scheduled” field for further instructions.
- Status: "Confirmed (Service Complete)" – Your service for this summons is complete. You do not need to check back again until and unless you receive a new summons in the mail in the future.
- Schedule: Date and Time – If a date and time are listed, you must report on the indicated date and time at the location listed in the “Location” field.
- Schedule: Not Scheduled to Report – You currently do not need to report to the courthouse. But must check back each business day after 4:30 p.m. during your summons week until 1) you are given a Date and Time in the Scheduled field to report to the courthouse, 2) your status is changed to Confirmed (Service Complete), or 3) it is Friday of your service week and you have not been asked to report.
- On Call: No – Please ignore this field. It is not used by the court and is slated for removal.
It says I have to report in the morning, do I need to do anything else?
- Please familiarize yourself with parking by clicking here.
- Bring your jury summons with you when you report.
It says I have to report in the afternoon, do I need to do anything else?
Yes. Sometimes our needs change and we do not need the afternoon jurors. If you have a scheduled time in the afternoon, please check your status again two (2) hours prior to your scheduled time. If it still indicates an afternoon schedule, report as instructed. If it indicates you are Confirmed (Service Complete) then your service is complete. Thank you!
I am seated as a juror, do I still need to use the Online Jury Portal?
- The Court will provide you with instructions once you are seated as a juror.
- Please keep your contact information current in the Online Jury Portal, however, in the event something changes and we need to notify you of a change in the trial schedule
- You can also use the system to print your attendance for your employer or your records.
The Jury Online Portal isn’t working for me!
You are welcome to try our automated phone system at 916-408-6002 or call the Office of the Jury Commissioner to speak with one of our staff at 916-408-6003.
The Online Jury Portal says I can add my telephone number. Why would I do that?
- The Office of the Jury Commissioner has the ability to send text message updates to your phone.
- Most communication defaults to email and will not be sent via text message. But, under unusual circumstances we may update your schedule after 4:30 p.m. or on the day of your service. If you have provided us with your phone number, we will send a text message in addition to an email to notify you of any sudden changes.
- Providing your phone number via the Jury Online Portal is entirely optional. Please note that any message or data rates charged by your mobile service provider will apply.
I’ve heard about a jury duty scam, what do I need to know?
The Office of the Jury Commissioner will never ask you for your financial information over the phone or via email. If you need to report such an incident, you can obtain more information by clicking here.
I am ready to go to the Jury Online Portal.
Great and thank you in advance for your service. Click here to access the Jury Online Portal.